Founded in 2017 and launched in December 2019, Atome is a renowned digital consumer financing platform based on the buy-now-pay-later model. The platform provides:
- Flexible payment options (in installments).
- Smart savings.
- Rewarding shopping options to its consumers.
It is an omnichannel brand that partners with offline and online retailers from different verticals like homeware, lifestyle, fashion, beauty, fitness, and many others. It allows customers to split their payments over time.
Atome headquarters are located in Singapore, Central Region, and it operates in Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, mainland China, Japan, and Vietnam.
While using Atome for split payments, consumers will be charged ⅓ payments at the time of sale and the second and third installments of ⅓ payments after 30 days each. Atome has three investors, including HSBC Bank Singapore and Advance Intelligence Group, and has raised $645 million to date.
Shein, Zara, Zalora, Charles and Keith, Map Fashion, Sephora, Innis Free, Sasa, Bonjour, Marks and Spencer, Oppo, Nespresso, MI, Agoda, Lazada, Huawei, etc., are some of the clients who have partnered with Atome. A few requirements to set up an account with Atome includes –
- 18 years or above age requirement,
- An active mobile number with a Malasiya prefix (+60),
- Full legal name,
- Date of birth,
- Valid email address,
- Debit or credit card issued by the financial institution.
All this information is, therefore, required to prevent the misuse of the identity.
Main Advantages of the Platform
- The platform supports both POS (dynamic and status QR) and e-commerce. Therefore, customers can use Atome for both online and offline payments.
- Atome customers can split their pending amount into three installments without any additional fee or interest.
- After selecting Atome as the payment option, consumers can also opt for refunds, partial refunds, and multiple partial refunds.
- MYR, SGD, and USD are the settlement currency of the platforms, whereas MYR and SGD are the processing currencies.
- RM 10 is the minimum purchase limit to proceed with payments with Atome. However, small merchants have the option to decide their minimum value.
- Most Atome non-credit card customers have a spending limit of RM 1500, and credit card customers’ limit extends to RM 5000.
- Credit or Debit cards can be used as Atome payment methods.
- Atome also gives early repayment options from the app; in case of late payments, it charges RM 30.
How does it Work?
If you’re shopping online- After adding the items to your cart, select Atome as your payment option during checkout. If you’re paying at an offline store, scan the QR code available with the cashier.
Step 2 –
The next step is to choose the interest-free payment options for three months or with more time and a small processing fee. Distribution of the payments and fees will be displayed on your screen. You will be charged the first installment at the time of purchase and the rest in subsequent months.
Step 3 –
For every 1 RM spent, users will earn 1 Atome point, which can be used to redeem rewards or offset transactions.