GMO is a renowned payment gateway launched in 1995 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, offering services like cash-on-delivery orders, payment through electronic modes, credit cards, store payments, debit card payments, billing options for mobile and electricity bills and other features. Industries and sectors that can leverage the money service, business enhancement and payment of GMO services include magazine publishers, travel business owners, public institutions, and others.
GMO API can be used to implement payment solutions on partner websites, which offers fraud prevention in transactions and regular payment acceptance benefits for subscription-based businesses.
GMO payment gateway services can be used by any business, irrespective of their size, to scale their online reach, as the platform has integrations and partnerships with global financial institutions and payment networks, facilitating cross-border transactions. GMOs accept payments in multiple currencies and have robust customer support services to resolve technical or account management issues quickly.
Advantages of Using GMO
- Due to its strong security features, the GMO Payment Gateway ensures secure bank and financial transactions.
GMO covers vast payment mode options, allowing customers to pay with their preferred mode.
- Due to GMO’s global relationships and ability to take payments in several currencies, enterprises and merchants can conduct business with clients worldwide.
- GMO furthermore provides an accessible API, making it possible to integrate the payment option on the website.
- The hosted payment option at GMO is designed to provide a seamless experience to the users, as partners can customise their transactional web pages to match the theme.
- GMP Payment option also works well with recurring or subscription-based revenue models.
- GMO partners have access to dashboards, reporting and analysis tools, making delving into client payment details more straightforward.
- Customers can save chargebacks with its fraud-prevention solutions.
Steps to Use GMO?
GMO using process varies depending on business needs and integration methods. However, here’s a general overview of how to use the payment gateway –
- Sign up with the business account on the GMO website and provide the company’s legal details, bank account and contact details.
- Since the platform offers various integration options like plugins for e-commerce, hosted payment pages and API integration, select the one that best suits your website needs and preferences.
- For API Integration, access the developer documentation.
- For hosted payment pages, partners need to customise their payment or transactions page to help users with a seamless experience.
- The next step is to set up the payment setting in the GMO payment dashboard, which specifies payment currencies, methods and other restrictions.
- After testing the results, you can go live with the GMO payment method and accept customer payments in real time.