More than 24,000 million euros are spent on online shopping in Spain. It highlights the demand for a secure payment gateway which facilitates seamless and safe payments. RedSys is one of the best and most popular payment gateways with international and national references in Spain, which can be integrated into hosted and other e-commerce websites. It offers a flexible, secure, high-quality online shopping portal payment system and accepts credit or debit card payments. It acts as a safe mediator between buyers and banks, allowing the partners to receive payments instantly.
The portal was founded in 2011, with its headquarters in Madrid, Spain. The portal has tie-ups with around 60+ banks or financial institutions, including SA Banco Santander, Banco De Sabadell, SA Bankinter, SA Bancofar and many others. Moreover, e-commerce websites planning to integrate RedSys for safe payments do not need to install software. They can simply integrate it into their websites and increase customer trust and sales with better payment options. Cards accepted at RedSys are AMEX, Mastercard and VISA. One of the drawbacks of using the portal is that cards from countries other than Portugal and Spain are not accepted.
Features and Advantages of Using RedSys
- Since the payment options do not require additional installation and other details, it is easy to use and integrate.
- RedSys integration is compatible with different plugins, including Prestashop, Magento, OpenCart, WooCommerce and others.
- RedSys supports multiple payment options like returns, sales, authorisations and others.
- The payment gateway secures all the transitions with 3D secure authorisation, which prevents fraud and dropouts.
- It offers a user-friendly interface and complete control to the admin, which allows them to customise the payment page and fetch complete details about the transaction.
- RedSys supports the language the e-commerce platform supports, narrowing the language barrier.
- It provides instant and real-time notifications to the users, which keeps them updated about all the transactions on their devices.
How to Use RedSys?
Detailing about the front-end workflow of RedSys, the following steps to use the payment gateway –
- When on the checkout page of the partnered website, users will get an option for the RedSys payment gateway.
- After selecting the options, they are redirected to the RedSys payment page of the website, where users need to enter their card details and cross-check the provided information to complete the payment.
- Once done, they are taken to the 3D-security page, where users must enter an authentication code for verification and complete the payment process.
- After completing all these steps, they are taken to the order confirmation page.
Partners who have integrated the RedSys payment option into their websites can view the orders under RedSys transaction options, get the order details and manage refund options. All they need to do is click on the view button for each order and proceed as directed to complete the details.