Eliminating the need to register at different payment portals for making online and offline payments, GCash is a Philippine-based all-in-one app that allows users to swiftly pay for their in-store or offline transactions process bill payments and mobile top-ups. For businesses and merchants, GCash allows you to receive payments from 60 million active internet users registered with the platform. The portal has partnered with over 1,30,000 merchants in the country, significantly facilitating the digital payment landscape. Following are the options where GCash can be used –
- To pay bills, eliminating the need to wait in long queues. It allows users to pay government bills, credit card bills, school fees, loans and other options.
- Users can save their funds with GCash’s GSave option and receive 3.1% interest on the deposited amounts.
- Users can opt for GCash to pay for their movie tickets and split the bills on the platform.
- GCash can also be used for fund transfers from a digital wallet to any partnered bank account at only ₱15.
- For all those worried about how to get the money out from GCash, the cash-out option of the platform can be used.
- Using G-Credit, users can also get the shop-now-pay-later benefits to pay their bills in instalments.
- GLoan can be used to get an amount in credit, upto ₱125,000, with only 1.29% monthly interest rates.
GCash has been awarded multiple awards since 2010, including the Best Financial Inclusion Initiative Award for the Mobile Payment of the Year in 2017, Best IMT Programme and many others. USD is the settlement currency for the platform, and PHP is the processing currency. It also facilitates partial or multiple refunds and recurring payment options.
Banking partners at GCash are 7-Eleven Barcode, PayPal, Western Union, UnionBank, BPI, RCBC, Mastercard and many others.
Features of Using GCash
- With GCash, users can simply pay by scanning the QR code with the merchants, which can be done through mobile applications.
- GCash always prioritised users’ security and safety and added a protection layer through DoubleSafe. Verified users must opt for a selfie scan feature, whereas non-verified users must enter the OPT to eliminate fraud.
- It can also be used for free money transfers from one GCash account to the other.
How to Use GCash?
To use GCash, users must first download the GCash app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Once done, the following simple steps can be followed –
- Open the app and scan the QR code.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay to the merchant.
- Select the payment mode, GCash or Gcredit, to process the transaction.
- When done, you will get an option to save the receipt on your device for the records.
After following all these steps, you can simply pay using GCash, offering secured and safe transactions.